Decorating for the holidays doesn’t have to be stressful or difficult to be beautiful. Here, we offer simple yet elegant little touches that you can use to decorate your home for Christmas and make a difference. From making Christmas candy and baking Christmas cookies, to decorating Christmas trees and gift ideas, find what you need to plan a perfect Christmas Decoration.
- Start planning your decoration around the element you currently loving, like favourite colours, and build from there. That object or color dictates the whole mood and theme of the table and setting. Don’t hesitate to go beyond the Green and Red (even though they always look beautiful) and explore the festive touches of white, silver and gold.
- Use your heirlooms – Silverware looks beautiful filled with nuts and makes Christmas decorations extra special.
- Aim to update your decor in a way that feels seasonal and festive and add seasonal touches: garlands and wreaths are always fabulous. You can also concentrate on having a variety of beautiful candles or making a wonderful holiday drink based on champagne like the one you can find here.
- Though it’s about also about creating Instagram-worthy setups, aim to go beyond just the visuals for your decorations. Carefully put together a playlist to set the mood and light a woodsy candle or a roaring fire. Accentuate them with bowls of nuts and baubles to reflect the warm setting.\
- It’s great to send your guests home with a small gift. For winter parties you can give gingerbread mixes, hot chocolate or mulling spices. It’s a fun activity to wrap the gifts as you’re getting ready for a party, and a way for your guests to take a little piece of the evening home with them making the evening just a bit more special. Make sure to serve something unique and different like these Baked Alaska’s in a lollipop.
For example, on a professional note, Floris Special Events has created a Christmas Wedding recently in New York. Here are some pictures of the marvellous event